Monday, July 2, 2007

Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron


Yeah, okay, so. My vacation sucked. That's all that you really need to know.

Anyway, most of you probably know. I really love Transformers. Particularly Optimus Prime. However, last night, I was trying to fall asleep, and thinking "Is Optimus Prime really better than Megatron?" I mean, obviously, I like Optimus more, but is he really that amazing?

So, here are some different things you could judge Transformers on. (I'm talking about the original series not the new, probably gay, movie.)


Appearance:
Optimus Prime is red, white, and blue. Normally those colors look very... American when put together. Optimus, however, doesn't. Also, if I had to pick the best looking robot, I would pick him. He's so manly looking. Almost fatherly. Megatron on the other hand, is gray. Not silver, gray. And his face is very scary/stupid looking. Also, it looks like he has a mullet.
Winner: Optimus Prime

Transform ability:
Optimus Prime can transform into a semi truck. A really amazing semi truck. With missiles, and such. Not only that, but he can run over things, and nothing stands in his way. Megatron can turn into... a gun. I'm serious. Just a gun. I guess it's pretty big, but still. It like, defeats the purpose of being a Transformer.
Winner: Optimus Prime

Leadership:
Prime. He's like their adoptive father. All the Autobots have extreme respect for Optimus. Not only that, but everyone loves Optimus. Megatron had a mutiny led against him by Starscream. And no one likes Megatron. And are probably very glad that he is not their father.
Winner: Optimus Prime

Mottos:
Optimus Prime's mottos include: "Autobots, Transform and roll out!" "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." and "No sacrifice is too great in the service of freedom." I don't really know what that last one means, but it's inspiring nonetheless.
Megtron's mottos include: "Peace through tyranny!" and "Lesser creatures are the playthings of my will." Those just make me want to punch him in the face.
Winner: Optimus Prime.

Name:
Optimus Prime's name sort of reminds me of steak. And eyedoctors. However, it's so... great. I mean, he has two names. And him saying "I AM OPTIMUS PRIME!" is unmatched. Megatron, is also a very cool name. Mega means super big/great and Tron is really robot-y. But I get Megatron and Cybertron confused. And Cybertron is a planet. So. Yeah.
Winner: Tie

Other:
Optimus Prime had a girlfriend. Her name was Ariel. I think the closest thing to a girlfriend Megatron has ever had was Shockwave. Not only that, but Megtron, and the Decepticons in general, have never, ever won. Also, Wikipedia says that Optimus has no equal in power or intelligence.

So I guess he really is that great. I love you, Optimus Prime.