Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cool Things Happen When You're Being Stupid

Okay, so this was probably the highlight of my day, which is pretty sad, really, but I guess it could be worse. Like the time where the best thing that had happened that day was getting an accidental call from this burly sounding black guy, who was asking about a Trans Am. I think that's a car. Yeah. Anyway:


I was sitting in my room, organizing my iTunes playlists, when my computer froze, because I was trying to upload the UFO CD to my computer while simultaneously making playlists, and my computer can handle so many tasks at one time. And it particularly doesn't like uploading CDs. So, I had to Force Quit iTunes, and let it start back up again. In this distraction, I noticed a bottle of Windex placed on my nightstand. Out of boredom or curiosity, I picked it up and started reading the label on it. I'm a big fan of reading labels. How else would I know that Lysol kills Type 2 Herpes? Or that Toni & Guy products are translated into 5 different languages? But then, this randomly brilliant idea pops into my head: What would happen, if I sprayed Windex on an intensely hot lightbulb? Conveniently, I have a lamp that I leave on most of the time, that has an easily accessible lightbulb. So, I sprayed it.

The effects were really, really cool.

Because I leave it on all the time, that lightbulb was scaldingly hot. And when you put not hot liquid things on hot glass things, the hot glass things break!



But this was no ordinary break. it exploded. It made a loud popping noise, and glass shards flew into the air. Then there was a lot of smoke before the lightbulb burnt out.

The even cooler thing is the fact that only two glass shards shot out. And they were perfectly shaped tear drops. No jagged edges, just two perfect holes missing from that lightbulb.