Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Random Rants

1. My Brother Plays Second Life

So, this may not seem like a big deal, right? Well, it is. Second Life kind of freaks me out. I'm not really sure why, but I always get this creepy feeling in my stomach when people talk about Second Life. Not only that, but Wes is eleven. That's not very old, even though I expect him to act older. I don't know what types of people play second life, but I get this feeling people with meaningless real lives are the ones lurking around on Second Life. Also, Wes chose the “goth guy” appearance. (It's a choice on the appearance menu thing. I don't know what prompted this, but when I told him he should change it, he got all fussy at me. This Second Life business is also highly inconvenient for me, seeing as how my Dad hasn't figured out how to make the internet work in my room. So we have one computer with internet, and four people. Hopefully my Dad will break down and buy a router so that it will work anywhere in the house. But until then, I have to deal with Wes' gaming habits, which take a large chunk out of my internet time. This does not allow me to have adequate time to check facebook, gmail, and blog. Which is why this is my first post in a while. Anyway, this Second Life thing has to stop. He's got Runescape... isn't that enough? By the way, his name thing is Wesleyan Falls. On the Ridiculous-Scale this is second only to Grahamillionaire. Yes, I saw that comment from ten months ago on the A Million Ways video on YouTube. I saw that, you clever, young lad. :]

2. The “Al Pacino” Video Has Been Watched 2,036 Times

Once upon a time, while we were learning A Million Ways, we went to Samantha's Dad's house, out in the middle of nowhere. At this house, there was a dojo. I don't know why, but it was there. We thought it'd be cool to go there and refine the dance in a dojo, because... we could. And how many people have a house with an abandoned dojo? So, while at her Dad's house, we were playing Grand Theft Auto, and using laughable cheats, like the one that gives all the citizens dangerous weapons, and when you shoot them, they go insane, and everyone starts shooting everything. So there was this old lady in the game who had a machine gun, and she kept running into a wall, over and over, and then randomly turning around and shooting things. We found this quite hilarious. Later, back at Sarah's house, Gabbie started imitating the old lady. However, when she did it, it looked like Al Pacino, from Scarface. We then broke out into this argument, fueled mis-wordings, and mis-hearings, that was eventually just ten minutes of us screaming about Al Pacino... and Tim Nordwind... Luckily, we happened to film the whole thing. Being the cool people we are, we put it on YouTube. We really didn't show everyone we knew or link it anywhere. So then, while I was bored and looking at our YouTube videos, I stumble upon it, and look at it's views: TWO THOUSAND AND THIRTY SIX. Collectively, people have watched that video more times than days I've gone to school my whole life. It's really not that funny, unless you're one of us, or you know us really well. And it's pretty stupid, and pointless, yet a thousand people found it necessary to watch it. I'm simultaneously amazed and disgusted. Please don't go watch it. I'm asking you not to. It's like the summer of eighth grade. We're not cool. Especially not me.


3. Jeff Foxworthy's “You Might Be a Redneck If....” Board Game

As I believe I've already stated, I'm really not a huge fan of Jeff Foxworthy. And by that I mean, I hate him. There's something about his smirk, and his stupid head-bobbing type walk, and his perfectly shaped mustache that makes me want to remove all of his veins, and braid them. I also am not a “big fan” of redneck type humor. It just reminds me too much of my family. I would like to forget that I'm related to those people. Also, I have never found anything he has ever said to be mildly amusing. Ever. Not to mention, he hosts one of the Worst Game Shows On Television. So, when my brother opened up the Jeff Foxworthy's“You Might Be A Redneck If...” Board Game, I died a little inside. Wes and I gave each other the “I don't know what the hell this is” look, and he set it to the side, and I removed it from my memory. A few days ago, however, out of pure curiosity, I opened up the box, to see what was inside. Apparently, the goal of the game is to collect a lawnchair, a hound, and other redneck paraphernalia as you move around the board. In order to move spaces, you must correctly finish one a “You might be a redneck if...” sentences. For instace:

You might be a redneck if birds are attracted to your...

A) Yard
B) Pickup
C) Beard


The answer is C.

Another thing about this game is the box has Jeff Foxworthy's sneering, smirking face, that looks as though he's thinking “That's right, Adrienne. You can't win.” On top of all of this, the box says that it is for ages sixteen and up. I'm not even sixteen yet. I better not touch that box. Aside from the fact that I really don't ever want to have the need to.