Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Worst Possible Thing That Could Happen

I have had quite a busy schedule lately. Not fun, no. But busy.

First, theres Driver's Ed:

My first ever Driver's Ed class was as boring as shopping for furniture. Not like, the cool neat-o kind. The grandma-type furniture, that's comes in one color: brown. All we did was fill out paperwork. Out instructor, Mr. Beam, is the last person you would want teaching you how to drive. He talks a lot about his two year stay in Japan, and how driving around there was easy for him. Because he's really great. Or so he wants us to think. He was also in the Air Force for a long time. So, basically, he's Mr. Gallow, with a different name. He would frequently go into little tirades about how "kids these days" do all kinds of crazy stunts. Then we answered quesions out of our Texas Drivers Handbook, which was less than thrilling. A lot of the questions are things like "What does the Do Not Pass Sign mean?" Or, "At what time of day do you turn your headlights on?" Then we got our reward of a ten minute break. After that, we watched a lovely video from the eighties. With rockin'-cool music and everything!

Then I returned home to the worst possible situation:

My computer died.

Something happened with the lightning, and BAM! It was gone.

Everything I did for that useless son of a bitch. I spent so much money on it! I worked so hard to make it work! It CHOSE to die. It hates me. Loaths me. And will do everything in it's power to destroy all of my hard work. We've always been mortal enemies. And we always will be. It's like, Team Rocket and Ash. I guess I would be Team Rocket. Which would make me the bad guy, so that metaphor wouldn't work.

To top it all off, marching band started today. Which was not quite as awful as it was last year. Or as Sarah said: "It's only kind of death, instead of total death." My section was a tad more accepting. I actually have that whole sliding thing figured out. And, it was raining part of the time Although that made it less humid, at least it wasn't hot.

When I got picked up from marching, my Mom informed me that she, and she alone, fixed the computer. I was quite amazed. My Dad, who has a degree in Electrical Engineering, couldn't fix it, but my Mom, who has a degree in... Education(?) fixed it.

So.

There you go.