Monday, May 28, 2007

Misadventure #3

There are certain things you can only learn from experience. Like, getting lost, or not cleaning your room for several months, or putting things that absolutely do not belong in tea, in tea. I did all three of those this weekend.
I will start with getting lost. Now, most of you who know me, know that generally, I'm fairly easy-going. I don't get stressed out over homework, or grades, or things like that. I generally know that no matter what happens, I'm going to be okay. However, I have one deep set fear that doesn't leave me: getting lost. As you would expect, this is a pretty large problem for me. I don't really pay attention to where I'm going, 99.96% of the time. This leads to awkward run-ins with fat people. This, however, was not the case. This was just carelessness. I had given my phone to my Dad, so that we could call him after we were done shopping. (Gabbie had her phone.) I did not check to see if my cell phone was on before I gave it to him. So, when we were ready to leave, I called him only to hear my annoying voice, telling me to leave a message. This posed a rather large problem: We needed to find my Dad, and we had no idea of where he was, and he didn't know we were looking for him. This threw me into a mild panic attack. I mean, I knew, that eventually, I would find him. But... I still got all freaked out. I guess it's because I've been left behind before, and it frightened me to a new level. We then went on the epic search for William Pressnall. Now, we weren't really, lost, per se. We knew where we were, but, just not where my father was. Of course, after several calls to my Mom, an awkward conversation with a Mall Cop, we found him. Sitting on a bench in his gray plaid Vans. Looking very helpless trying to work my cellphone.
I'm going to skip not cleaning my room. You can probably guess what that looks like. So I'll go on to my tea. Yesterday, I had a sore throat, and I was looking for a quick, medicine-less cure for it. I was going to get a cough drop out of the pantry, when I spotted some tea. We usually have random assortments of tea at all times, I just don't drink it. I don't like or dislike it. But I was rather in the mood for it, so I looked at the different options I had: Lemon Lovers, Orange and Spice, Cinnamon Apple, Cozy Chamomile, Sweet Dreams, Mint, Vanilla Caramel, and Green Tea. The deceptive thing about tea, is that mostly, they all taste the same. So it doesn't really matter which one you choose. I chose Orange and Spice, only because it smelled good. My brother walked in and wanted tea also, since I was making it. He chose Vanilla Caramel. When it was ready, I tasted mine, only to find that I was very disappointed. It tasted like neither Orange nor Spice. But then again, I didn't really expect it to. So I was sitting there, with my orange colored dirty water, wondering how I could make it better. I looked in our cupboards and found a few ingredients to add to my flavorless tea. Among them were honey, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice. I added all of them, but when I added the honey, it poured out too fast, and I had a little too much. "No matter," I thought. Meanwhile, my brother had put Vanilla-Hazelnut-Caramel coffee creamer in his. It was quite tasty. I figured the same logic would apply to my tea. I did not. I poured rather liberal amounts of creamer into my already altered tea. I was disgusted to see that the honey and the tea had congealed together to make it look like bits of half eaten bread were floating around in my tea. It was like a cesspool of souls, swirling around, waiting for me to save them. It was just not a good idea, at all.

On a completely unrelated note: I'm going to start something new. It's called Adrienne's Seal Of Unnecessary. If I give something or someone the ASU, then that item is not crucial for the betterment of the world. Today, that item is: dog clothes.
We received this magazine regarding pet products. I like looking at what crazy pet people buy for their precious animals, so I was flipping through it when I came across an intriguing page. There was a small, rather cute, dog in a two piece sweater set. The caption underneath read: TURN YOUR DOG INTO A YUPPIE PUPPIE! Now, I think that little jeweled collars, or little bows to put in your dogs hair, is kind of totally cute. Granted, you understand that the dog probably doesn't give a shit. Also, if your dog will wear them, Halloween costumes for dogs are pretty cute too. What's unnecessary is when you shove your dog into outfits everyday. I mean, if your dog has a wardrobe as large as you do, somethings wrong. Very wrong. Do you think Mr. Rexykins really enjoys being stuffed into unnatural cloth coverings, and being forced to keep them on? I don't think so. I can understand if they have some sort of medical condition in which their fur is not enough protection from the cold. Or if they are Siberian Sled Dogs. But if you just put your dogs in clothes, because you can, I don't like you. I understand that maybe, you have a show dog, and you need to keep it's fur protected from the harsh elements. But... seriously... a yuppie puppie? I bet all the other dogs make fun of dogs who are made to wear things. They're all like "Hey, look at the fag in the purple sweater!" "Oh, I'm sorry, do you think you're better than us, because you wear clothes like a human?" Save your dog from the uncomfortableness, and humiliation.

Band is tommorow. Maybe we'll find out our chair order... maybe we won't...